Job Title: Depot Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Regional Sales & Marketing Manager
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The depot manager is responsible for overseeing the operations and management of the depot or warehouse facility. They are in charge of ensuring efficient and effective storage, distribution, inventory management processes and sales & marketing. The depot manager will supervise a team of employees, coordinate logistics, and maintain a safe and organized working environment. They will also collaborate with other departments to meet customer demands, optimize productivity, and achieve operational goals. Strong leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills are essential for this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide advice and support on strategies and policy development and implementation
- Provide effective leadership to the team, including mentorship, coaching, teambuilding, on-the-job training to enhance employee performance and other leadership interventions
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing outputs
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs
- Model work behaviours for your subordinates, consistent with the company values
- Exercise effective managerial leadership to your subordinates
- Plan and oversee the growth of the depot’s sales, marketing and branding activities and striving to take the depot to the undisputed leader in the regional paint market
- Responsible for enhancing the image and brand value of the company.
- Ensure that all Sales Team members meet or exceed targets/expectations and set examples in areas of personal character, commitment, and work habits and demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Develop a sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Sales Team
- Prepare action plans for individuals as well as for team for effective search of sales opportunities and prospects
- Initiate and coordinate action plan to penetrate new markets
- Ensure the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Conduct one-on-one review with all Sales Team members to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of team’s performance
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding performance
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and activity reports submitted by Sales Team
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Conduct regular coaching and counselling for team members to build motivation and selling skills
- Maintain contact with all dealers/clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction
- On an ongoing basis, seek out and implement opportunities for continuous improvement within the sales and marketing domain
- Comply with all Company policies and operational standards, including those in relation to health, safety, environment and community
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing
- Manufacturing industry experience would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A person of high integrity that will model the organizational core values
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of organisation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal / relational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Professional attitude
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and multitasking abilities
- High degree of flexibility
- Critical and logical thinking ability.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work overtime if necessary.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CV’s ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading DEPOT MANAGER by Friday, 8th December 2023 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contact and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.